How to fix install failed duplicate permission error in android.
Fix install failed duplicate permission error in android – The Google Play Store sometimes gives weird error messages while installing the apps, which are sometimes quite difficult to rectify. One such error is when duplicate permission error occurs; the apps simply refuse to install. What should you do now? Well, here is how you can fix install failed duplicate permission error in your Android smartphone.
To fix install failed duplicate permission error you will have to download and install Android Debug Bridge (ADB) that will let you write and execute commands directly into your Android phone over the USB connection. You will have to work according to following steps if certain apps could not be installed due to duplicate permission error-
How to fix install failed duplicate permission error in android:
- First of all, you will have to install Android Software Development Kit (SDK) from the official Android Developer website. You will have to properly install the SDK on your computer. This is a very important step to fix install failed duplicate permission error. There are several steps in the process to setup ADB, and you need to follow them very carefully.
- After all the setup is done, you will now have to ‘USB Debugging’ on your Android smartphone. Head to ‘Settings’ then go to ‘About Phone’ section. Then click several times on the ‘Build Number’. A message will appear saying ‘You are now a Developer’. Now a new section ‘Developer Options’ will appear in the ‘Settings’ menu. Click on that and enable ‘USB Debugging’ option.
- After you are done with the installation of ADB on your computer, now you need the .apk file of the apps that are giving the package duplicate permission null error in Android. You can use the third party app store, websites or browser extensions to get the APK files of the desired apps. Save the APK file at a convenient location so that you can access and remember the path to the app.
- Now, you will have to write a small code in the ADB window to try and install the app. Use the following code-
$>adb install ~/Downloads/de.hafas.android.db.apk
with the location of the APK you just saved in your computer.
- Most probably, the app will fail to install, because the apps could not be installed due to duplicate permission error in Google Play Store. But you will get some vital information about the error you were getting while installing the app from the Play Store. The error message will show you that the app couldn’t be installed because of duplicate permission. Well, we already know that. But the error message will also show the name of the app because of which you were receiving the package duplicate permission null error in Android.
- If you failed to install apps from Google Play Store, then this will help you get rid of the error. Now you need to uninstall the app from your Android phone. You can do it from your phone itself, through the normal procedure, or you can do it through ADB. For uninstalling the app using ADB, you will have to use the following code-$>adb uninstall de.bahn.dbtickets. Replace “de.bahn.dbtickets” with the app name that appeared in the error message. This will fix install failed duplicate permission error.
- After the error causing app is uninstalled, you should now try to install the app that you wanted to install at first and failed to install apps from Google Play Store. Again, you can use ADB of the Play Store to install the app, and this time should install without any problem, if you have followed all the steps carefully.
You will have to very carefully follow the steps to successfully fix the issue of duplicate permission error. If you still have any queries feel free to ask in comments box below.