How To Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone – Tutorial
How To Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone: It’s been a long time since I am getting comments about people asking me How To Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone. Well, it’s been really late to reply them but their wish has come true. Yes! Microsoft’s Astoria update after Windows 10 has really made it possible to run android apps on Windows phone. You can easily port existing android apps into your Windows phone. But, it is only limited to Windows 10 users. Project Astoria is a bridge for Android enabling developers to port Android apps to Windows 10 phone. Seeing this update, professional devs have created a tool called wconnect which would help you to install Android Apps APK into your Windows Phone. To know How To Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone, read below.
How To Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone:
You can successfully install & run android apps on Windows Phone but this feature is not available for all Windows users. It’s just open to some Windows 10 users. To know if your device is compatible enough to run android apps or not, check out the below list of supported devices.
Supported Devices to Run Android Apps on Windows Phone:
- Lumia 920
- Lumia 925
- Lumia 929 (Lumia Icon)
- Lumia 830
- Lumia 930
- Lumia 1520
- Lumia 635
- Lumia 730
- Lumia 820
- Lumia 435
- Lumia 928
Read the below Steps to Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone.
Steps to Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone (Only Windows 10):
NOTE: Installing and running android apps on Windows Phone is not an official option and installing APKs without permission may be considered as piracy. This is a third-party tool so I cannot assure you any safety. Hence, move forward on your own risk.
Follow the below Steps to Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone (Only Windows 10).
- Download wconnect tool and Android SDK ADB tool.
- Then, open wconnect folder and install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.
- Now, in your Windows 10 phone, navigate to Settings>>Update & Security>>For Developers. Then, enable Developers mode and Device Discovery in your device.
- Now, go to the extracted wconnect folder, open command prompt by clicking Shift+Right-Click and then select Open Command Windows Here option.
- Now, connect your Windows Phone to your PC using Data Cable or WiFi. Enter the Pairing code (if asked).
- Then, go to the extracted ADB folder and similarly Open Command Windows Here.
- Now, after ensuring that your Windows Phone is connected; type ADB devices in the command prompt. Then, press ENTER. It will show you the list of all connected devices.
- Now, transfer the APK File of the android app which you want to install in the ADB folder directory and type ADB install APKFILE.apk where APKFILE is the name of the APK File.
That’s it. You’re done. You have successfully Installed Android Apps on Windows Phone.
I hope you liked this tutorial guide “How To Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone“. If you face any problem or have any query regarding How To Install & Run Android Apps on Windows Phone, feel free to contact me by commenting below. If this article helped you, then return us the favor by sharing it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus. For more such useful articles, follow us on Facebook or prefer SUBSCRIBING us. Thank You.